NE Extension educators held public meetings Aug. 13th in Utica and Central City following an Aug. 6 hail storm that moved through the areas.
The National Weather Service confirmed Utica suffered from 1.5 inch hail that damaged windows, siding, and crops.
The meeting was organized to educate producers and others on what to expect for crop progression and explore options moving forward.
NE Extension Specialists who presented at the meetings include:
- Mary Drewnoski, Extension Beef Nutritionist
- Daren Redfearn, Extension Forage Specialist
- Justin McMechan, Extension Cropping Systems
- Steve Melvin, Extension Educator
- Jenny Rees, Extension Educator