HAYS, Kan. – Row crops, including the latest research into crop selection, tillage and pest management, will take center stage at the K-State Agricultural Research Center’s Row Crop Roundup Fall Field Day in Hays Aug. 23.
The day starts with registration at 9 a.m. and the program beginning at 9:30 a.m. The center is at 1232 240th Ave. in Hays. A complimentary lunch will be served.
Field tours include:
- Occasional Tillage in Long-Term No-Till
- Management of Sugarcane Aphid in Sorghum
Indoor presentations include:
- Sorghum Early Planting: Perspectives and Challenges
- Managing Palmer Amaranth in Corn and Sorghum
- Crop Selection Considerations in West-Central Kansas
- Sorghum vs. Corn vs. Soybean: Economic Returns in a Challenging Market
- Selection of Wheat Varieties: Lessons from the 2017 Harvest