Omaha Plant catches fire
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) _ Firefighters say spontaneous combustion sparked a two-alarm fire at a south Omaha factory.
Reports say the fire at the Dar Pro rendering plant in south Omaha started about 10:30 p.m. Friday.
It took firefighters nearly two hours to get the fire under control.
Three workers inside the plant discovered the fire inside a processing bin. They managed to escape, and no injuries were reported.
Firefighters say the fire was caused by the spontaneous combustion of meat and bone meal stored inside the plant. The meat and bone meal is processed on site for use in pet food.
© 2014 Rural Radio Network. All rights reserved. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited. Copyright Information