Cattleman's Ball just over 100 days away

Just over 100 days now to the 2014 Cattlemen's Ball of Nebraska, an annual event that is held at a different ranch each year to raise cancer awareness and as a fundraiser for cancer research.

The 2014 event will be held at the Hoot Owl Ranch in Banner County. Misty Stauffer, who along with her husband Kenny is one of the two host families for the event, says their goal is to raise $2.5 million for cancer research and local medical causes. 90% of the proceeds will go to the Fred and Pamela Buffett Cancer Center at the University of Nebraska Medical Center, but Stauffer says the remaining 10% is earmarked toward regional medical organizations.

The cost is $75 for the Top Hand ticket and $350 for the Trail Boss ticket. Stauffer stresses tickets will only be available through advance sales and are being sold now. She says traditionally, the event is sold out by the first of April so she urges those wishing to attend to get their tickets now.

For tickets or more information, log on to cattlemensball.com or call 308-641-0429 if you would like to volunteer

© 2014 Rural Radio Network. All rights reserved. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited. Copyright Information