LINCOLN, Neb. – Authorities say a 93-year-old man pulled from a Lincoln house fire earlier this week remains in critical condition at a hospital Friday.
The Lincoln Journal Star reports that Pierre Pettinger remains in a coma.
Police say he was found in a first-floor room after 6:30 a.m. Thursday, after firefighters had been called to the house for a fire. Pettinger was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Another person also was in the home at the time of the fire and suffered less serious injuries.
Fire Investigator Damon Robbins says a power strip overheated and items on top of it caught fire. He says smoke and heat damage will likely render the two-story house a total loss.
Robbins says the home’s only smoke detector wasn’t working.