LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) – Officials say a vehicle left running in a garage at a north Lincoln apartment complex caused carbon monoxide levels to rise inside the building, killing one person.
The Lincoln Journal Star reports (http://bit.ly/2csTOuR ) that firefighters called to the apartment found one person dead Friday night. The person’s name has not been released.
Other residents in the 24 apartments were evacuated. Battalion Chief Jeremy Gegg says no one at the scene required medical attention, and no pets were injured.
Residents were allowed to return after officials used fans to clean out the poisonous gas from the building.