Crawford Fire officials say a grocery store was fortunate not to suffer serious damage from a fire Sunday evening.
Crawford Volunteer Fire Chief Brian Prosser says firefighters were called to D&S Market around 6 p.m. on a report of a fire in the basement, however the owner was on hand and most of the flames put out with a fire extinguisher by the time they arrived.
Prosser tells KNEB News an electric heat lamp caused some nearby cardboard boxes on the floor to catch fire. He says firefighters put out hot spots located with thermal imaging, and cleaned up debris left from the blaze
Prosser says the store was closed Monday morning as employees cleaned up residue left behind by the blaze, and owners were able to reopen the market by midday.