class="single single-post postid-177538 single-format-standard group-blog masthead-fixed full-width singular wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.12 vc_responsive"
Electric failure blamed for Stromsburg house fire | KRVN Radio

Electric failure blamed for Stromsburg house fire

Electric failure blamed for Stromsburg house fire
RRN/Fire damage at a rural Stromsburg home. House considered to be a total loss.

STROMSBURG – A rural Stromsburg home that was consumed by flames on July 19 has been ruled an accidental fire. According to the Nebraska State Fire Marshal’s Office, an electrical failure caused the unoccupied house on Road K approximately a mile south of Highway 66 to catch fire.

Four fire departments responded to the fire at 5:20 a.m. and had the flames knocked down within an hour. No one was injured, but the house was a complete loss.

Fire departments converging on the scene included: Stromsburg Volunteer Fire Department, Osceola Volunteer Fire Department, Polk Volunteer Fire Department and the Benedict Volunteer Fire Department. The Polk County Sheriff’s Office also assisted.

© 2016 Nebraska Rural Radio Association. All rights reserved. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited. Copyright Information
Share:
Comments