class="post-template-default single single-post postid-288754 single-format-standard group-blog masthead-fixed full-width singular wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.4.7 vc_responsive"
Fire caught early at FUMC in Lexington Monday | KRVN Radio

Fire caught early at FUMC in Lexington Monday

Fire caught early at FUMC in Lexington Monday
RRN/ A light ballast shorted out in the utility room of the First United Methodist Church in Lexington Monday February 5, 2018.

Some smoke inside Lexington’s First United Methodist Church led to a fire call around 3:00pm Monday by the Lexington Volunteer Fire Department.  It occurred in a utility room near the office entrance. Fire Chief Dahlas Holbein says a light ballast appeared to short-out and burn some nearby plastic tubing, which pulled smoke into other parts of the building. He says they “were able to extinguish it and get it out pretty quick.”

He says they were fortunate that a person caught it just before they planned to leave the building as the resulting fire damage was minimal to the light fixture and plastic tubing along with limited smoke damage.

Firefighters aired the area out with fans.

RRN/ Lexington Volunteer Fire Department responded to Lexington’s First United Methodist Church Monday February 5, 2018.

 

 

 

 

© 2018 Nebraska Rural Radio Association. All rights reserved. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited. Copyright Information
Share:
Comments