class="post-template-default single single-post postid-394238 single-format-standard group-blog masthead-fixed full-width singular wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-6.0.3 vc_responsive"
Gering man charged for forcible sexual assaults of adult, child 20 years ago | KRVN Radio

Gering man charged for forcible sexual assaults of adult, child 20 years ago

Gering man charged for forcible sexual assaults of adult, child 20 years ago

A Gering man is facing felony sexual assault charges following investigation of sexual violence incidents 20 years ago.

Bacilio Palomo, Sr. is scheduled for arraignment Friday morning on two counts of 1st Degree Forcible Sexual Assault of an Incompetent, and one count of 1st Degree Sexual Assault of a Child More than 12 years of age but Less than 16.

Court documents say the charges follow an investigation started in February of this year of a sexual assault from years prior that the female victim said she could not keep secret anymore.

In police interviews, an adult female victim claimed that she was assaulted against her will after falling asleep following a party in 1998. The woman’s boyfriend and two other women present at the time of the alleged assault confirmed seeing the suspect flee from the room the victim had been sleeping in.

Two of the women also expressed concerns about Palomo Sr. having been in contact with children, leading to an interview of a relative of the adult victim who would have been a child at the time. In another police interview, the second victim told investigators of two forced sexual incidents, one involving intercourse and the second involving oral sex.

Bond in the case was initially set at $100,000 with a 10 percent provision.

© 2019 Nebraska Rural Radio Association. All rights reserved. Republishing, rebroadcasting, rewriting, redistributing prohibited. Copyright Information
Share:
Comments