The BeefWatch Webinar series, coordinated by Nebraska Extension, will return in January to cover topics related to calving season.
The series is designed to highlight management strategies in grazing, nutrition, reproduction, and economics to increase cow/calf and stocker production efficiency and profitability.
Each session will feature industry experts and opportunities to interact and ask questions.
Each webinar will begin at 8:00 PM Central Time. Dates are January 5, 12, 19 and 26.
The focus for this month’s webinar series is “Preparing and Managing for the Calving Season” with the following speakers and topics:
- January 5, Preventing Calf Scours
- January 12, Calving Tool Box and Record Keeping
- Drs. Lindsay Waechter-Mead & Erin Jobman, Great Plains Veterinary Educational Center
- Don’t be caught unprepared! Lindsay will discuss her favorite tools to have ready for calving season and tricks to help make it a smooth season. Erin will discuss how to derive valuable knowledge from your calving records. Register here.
- January 19, Calving Complications and when to call the vet
- January 26, Cow Nutrition Needs at Calving and in Early Lactation
- Troy Walz, West Central Research and Extension Center
- Are your cows ready to meet the demands of calving and early lactation? Troy will discuss the importance of proper nutrition for the cow during late gestation and early lactation and also its importance to calf health and performance. Register here.
There is no cost to participate in this webinar series. More information about the BeefWatch Webinar Series can be found at https://beef.unl.edu/beefwatch-webinar-series.